Thursday, May 12, 2005

Filling up faster than a pee-bottle at Burning Man

My days fill up faster than a pee-bottle at burning man. I actually have to schedule ‘at home’ days or my cat gets pissed. Not pissed like upset, but pissed like drunk. He’s a big alchie, that kitty. My cat now has a buddy, Kazi. That’s short for Kamazaki. He’s insane, like Sokolicky. He jumps from airplanes and catches birds on the way down. He brought in segments of a bird’s foot on Monday along with a bunch of feathers. It grossed me out. My cat knows better. I told him early on that, though I was proud that he can catch many animals to play with, I’d rather he keep them out of the house and away from my conscience. Kazi heard no such lecture as a child. Fishlure is less strict of a mommy than me.

You may have guessed by now, but I don’t actually go to all the shows that I advertise on my web site. It’s more of a ‘wish list’. Thus the Rockstar joke. A Rockstar weekend is one where there is attendance at least 3 shows. You are a true Rockstar if you can make it to all the shows you want to see. There’s just SO many GREAT shows in Seattle. We are blessed. A little too blessed, actually. Because even
Sokolicky can barely keep up (notice I said barely? That’s cuz she’s a Rockstar).

My real wish list is to sleep for 8 hours every day and have dinner at home 5 nights a week. That’s my realistic wish list. I was a Rockstar this week. I made it to TWO shows in a row, both on weeknights. And then, of course, there’s the REGULAR SHIT that you have to do in your life. Like eat. And go to the Dentist. And get your hair cut. And go with your mom to buy jump suits. Laundry is a big one. I’ve begun to double up my duties. Multitask. So now I’m going to eat at the Dentist’s, and get my jump suit cut and dyed all at the same time with my mom’s laundry.


(Thu May 12)
MIA is performing free tonight at 7pm at Sonic Boom in Ballard. She also did an interview and live performance on kexp yesterday at about 3:30pm which you can listen to on the streaming archive at kexp.org

(Fri May 13)
Cherry @ War Room

Derrick Carter @ Trinity
Chicago

Misha @ Mantra Lounge

Happy Birthday Patrick (Electrosect) @ Nectar
w/ JERRY ABSTRACT
RECESS
PAUL EDWARDS

(Sat May 14)
8limbs Yoga West Seattle Opening
Derrek Mazzone spins the records

Swirl People @ Trinity Nightclub
RAOUL BELMANS Swirl People / Aroma Recordings
tag-team set byJEROMY NAIL & LU ROB (Uniting Souls, SF)
trip -hop & breaks dj MANOS (Uniting Souls, Sea)
and LONESTAR (Houston TX)