Friday, May 20, 2005

Sami Khoury

There’s some amazing artists in Seattle. Photographer’s included. I’m always plugging my friends Kanani and Jerseygirl because they are both on my IM buddies list and many times a day I see their itty-bitty pictures pop up. Oh yea, and they are very talented. But there’s another very gifted local photographer named Sami Khoury that has been capturing the face of Seattle’s electronica scene since 2002 (probably longer. I’m going by his website archives). He’s been published in The Stranger, Seattle Weekly, Minty Magazine, Aphid Magazine, America Online City Guides, online magazines around the world. Check out his site. I think the best thing about his photos is how richly he captures people smiling, dancing and having fun.

A few highlights:
Mark Farina @ Chop Suey Nov 2002
HEY!! That's Elleetee at Merchants Café with Miss Kick Jul 2003 !!!
HOT photos of beautiful people when Sharpshooter’s played the Rebar in May 2003.
Contour always has the best photos due to their DJ background. SWEET firedancer shots, too!
The historical monthly, ROBO.trash. This one is Alibi Room in June 2003.

Uniting Souls at Nectar in Sep 2004. I think this is when it first opened?
Billy Idol Tribute band, Vital Idol at Premier. Love it!
The Sonar Festival in Barcelona. I especially like the soldier image behind the sillouette.

Does anyone else see a show on his site that they attended?? Good times!